Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Welcome to Spring Quarter

Hello everyone and welcome to spring quarter 2008. This is the blog I have created for this class. I will mainly use the Announcements section on Blackboard to communicate with all of you but, on occasion, I will post tips, relevant articles or other information on my blog. So you might want to check it every now and then.

My blog has several posts on it from previous quarters and I will add to those as spring quarter moves along. I have organized these various posts using labels because it makes it easier for others to navigate around your blog and read different posts. Right now, my blog has three labels: Blog Tips (helpful suggestions), Pathfinders (two examples of pathfinders from previous classes), and Librarian Talk (information you might find useful in your research process). You do not need to organize your blog using labels but I would recommend it. I have posted instructions about how to set up labels under Blog Tips.

Feel free to be creative with your blog and experiment as much or as little, as you would like. You will not be graded on the "look" of your blog, just the content. But many students have been pleasantly surprised when they see how easy it is to set up a blog, they are inspired to play with the format, change colors, and add photos or other graphics. It's really up to you.

No comments: